Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Brave


I am sitting in a coffee shop off Broadway in Denver starting to write my final exam for my Systematics class at Luther Seminary.  So naturally I am doing everything possible to postpone starting this project.  I have a huge stack of textbooks next to me, and a woman sitting nearby struck up a conversation and asked what I was studying.  When I said that I was working on my MDiv and what I planned to do with it, I got the most interesting response yet, "That is so brave."  I told her that I had never had that response before, and she said, "I think that is the sort of thing that we need to change the world.  Keep doing it."

Sometimes it feels foolhardy and next to impossible to follow this calling, but other times it feels just right.  So that is where I am today.

No comments: