Ten week quarters are killer. So is a cumulative final on the Old Testament, which for all you out there who are not biblically inclined, that is about 2/3 of the canon. And a cumulative Greek final too. I have studied for something like 50 hours or more this week.
Tonight the Vicar (pastoral intern) at my church brought over a dinner that he and his wife made. Eggplant chickpea curry, wild rice and yogurt sauce. And gluten free brownies. Excellent brain food. It is amazing how much of a difference good food makes in brain function.
Here is what I am going to do when I am done with my tests this week on thursday:
1. Sleep in on friday. Sleeping the restful sleep of the blissfully unscheduled.
2. Get a pedicure.
3. Go to the gym.
4. Catch up on all the phone calls and emails that I have let slide lately.
I get a six week vacation over the holidays. I am looking forward to:
1. Helping with the Thanksgiving service project at my church.
3. Working on my fellowship proposal for the Fund for Theological Education.
4. Craft bazaar at my church
5. Catching up on my Lutheran theological reading.
6. Heading to Bozeman the first week of December.
7. Interviewing at CPE sites.
8. Getting back into a running regimen.
9. Catching up on my sleep
10. Continuing to keep up with my Greek study. Six weeks is a long time!