Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bucket List

I got inspired by my cousin Kelsey's blog post earlier this month about her "Bucket List", or the list of things she hopes to accomplish in her life.  I decided to dig out a bucket list that I wrote back in 2002, and see what I have accomplished and if there is anything I wanted to add.  I have highlighted the items that I have accomplished

Life Goals-Circa 2002

1. Run a marathon
2. Read the Apocrypha
3. Visit Thailand
4. Read War and Peace
5. Get a tattoo
6. Backpack in Alaska
7. Learn to sail
8. Swim in all the major oceans
9. Run the Bridger Ridge Run
10. Learn to drive a stick shift
11. Learn to speak another language
12. Visit Paris
13. Buy a house
14. Adopt a dog
15. Visit South Africa
16. Sing the Hallelujah Chorus
17. Be on Jeopardy

And a few added over the last eight years:
18. Learn to cook Thai food
19. Learn to knit
20. Go on a solo vacation
21. Backpack in Patagonia
22. Learn how to compost
23. Run the Bolder Boulder
24. Have children of my own
25. Spend a weekend in silence
26. Make a quilt
27. Brew my own beer
28. Learn how to change the oil in my car
29. Write a book
30. Attend a World Cup game
31. Learn how to play poker
32. Take a ballet class
33. Take a karate class
34. Raise honey bees
35. Go to graduate school
36. Read The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged
37. Scan all of my old photos into online archives
38. Climb a Fourteener
39. Take my parents on an international vacation
40. Study photography
41. Visit a Rose Garden
42. Climb to the top of a light house
43. Grow an herb garden
44. See Cirque du Soleil
45. Attend a taping of Saturday Night Live

No comments: