Sunday, November 18, 2012

Forced Rest

So this week I finished up finals but it took everything I had to do so.  Tuesday morning I woke up with the tell-tale scratchy throat.  By thursday I was coughing so much I was unable to sleep.  I deliriously took my Hebrew final at 5pm and then crashed.  It was like my body finally said, "That's enough, thanks for playing.  We are going to take a break now."

So I have spent the last three days sleeping and resting.  Because I am literally unable to do anything else.  I went to urgent care yesterday morning after a sleepless night of coughing and wheezing.  I have sickness induced asthma, and it hit me hard this weekend.  It is amazing how exhausting endless coughing can be.  I had a breathing treatment and got some oral steroids and more powerful cough medicine.  It is good that I went when I did because this was not going to get better on its own.  So I am living into my forced period of rest.  I have a couple friends who have been bringing me food and making sure I am okay.

So I hate being sick, mostly because I am impatient and prefer to be doing things at 75mph, so being forced to slow down is not my favorite.  But this is not always a bad thing.   So today I am going to be content with the fact that I managed to do a load of laundry and take a shower.  Accomplishment for today.  Off to take a nap.

No comments: