Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day Three

Day Three is by far the worst I have experienced yet. I might describe the pain as and 8 or 9 out of 10 on the pain scale. I woke up in the night with my protective goggles on the floor, and I assume that I had been rubbing and scratching my eyes for hours before that. I have only found temporary relief with the so called "911" drops, of which are allowing me to type. The relief lasts only about 20 minutes. But my computer is the only connection I have to the outside world and I am feeling like a caged animal right now. Many thanks to my friends in Niwot for having me over for dinner and distraction last night. Right now I am glad that I live alone (well, kind of) because presently I have my right eye patched with gauze because it is the most sensitive and painful. I am also wearing my old prescription glasses because they help me see out of my left eye. The vision in that eye is bad, but I can at least sort of see things. Becuase any light at all is intolerable, I have pupil constriction drops. These do not seem to be working today. I have to frequently clench my eyes chut to avoid the burning pain. Because the light in the living room and bedroom is too much to handle, I have taken up residence in the bathtub. I put my thermarest and blankets and pillows in there with all my other comforts like ice water, snacks and my iPod. Once late afternoon rolls around, it is much easier to handle the light. I have already finished one and a half audio books while resting on the futon.

No comments: