Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Work

This week I was suprised at myself. Before I came here, I was a bleeding-heart liberal, willing to do good and help people. I never expected to get tired of helping the same people day after day. I am struggling with some issues of my attitude towards some of our clients. It is frustrating for me to see the same women day after day, demanding the same services day after day, and not doing anything to work for self-sufficiency!
I really feel like we are unable to more fully help the women that do need more intensive help, and we are doing a disservice to the women who receive our services everyday, because we are not helping them to be self-sufficient. We do not have the staff to do intensive case management, so we are just doing a lot of "band-aid" fixes to some situations that could be bettered.

No comments: