Tuesday, April 07, 2015

All of me loves all of you...

I am delighted to announce that Katrina and I are getting married!  On friday evening, I picked her up at the airport. She was kind of quiet, so I thought she was crabby.  I was REALLY grumpy because I had had a hellacious shift at work.  We stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things.  We unloaded our groceries and Katrina's luggage and I went to find a place to park on the street.  Since it was late on a friday night, I had to park a couple blocks away.

When I came back in, she said, "come in here!" from my den.  There was music coming from the room.  It was our song, "All of Me" by John Legend.  When I pulled aside the room divider, there was a lit-up screen that said, "Amy, will you marry me?" I mentioned that I never wanted to be proposed to on a Jumbotron.  So Katrina made her own little "bigtron" out of plywood and Christmas lights.  (This is what happens when you date an engineer!)



Katrina was on one knee holding open a ring box.
I was so surprised that I nearly fell down.  I started laughing and said yes!  Although in the moment, I wasn't sure I remembered to say yes. After nearly laughing and crying at the same time, I said, "I remembered to say yes, right?"









Then I pulled out the special photo book that I made for us.

It had pictures and stories from our relationship.  Our first date. The trips we took to NYC, Montana, Washington, DC.  The move we made across the country so that I could complete my education.  How hard it has been to be long distance.













How I never want to spend another night separated by distance.  Because long-distance relationships suck.


















So when you come to visit us in the future, in some as yet to be determined locale, the proposal photo book will be on our coffee table.

Thanks for all the love and support and prayers in this journey.  We are blessed in our love and in finding one another.

Our families are thrilled and our friends are overjoyed.

No comments: