Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lent 4: What is good and right and true?

A. Hanson 2012
Denver, CO
When I start thinking about what is good and right and true, I also start thinking about permanence.  What is actually permanent?  What has staying power?  What is a rock?

I think about this a lot, because my entire life is up in the air right now with my career and eventual call process for the church.  Belongings don't have permanence.  Jobs don't have permanence.

But relationships/friendships are good and right and true.  And they can have permanence, but that requires hard work.  But more often than not, they do not survive the geographic separation or transition that comes with the ebb and flow of life.  I think that the Triune God is both good and right and true, and also permanent.  And maybe the only entity that is.

No comments: