I know the title of this blog is "Diary of a Contemplative", which implies that I sit at home and ponder deep thoughts. Which sometimes I do, but some days I just would rather ponder some more trivial things.
*Warning: some of these contemplations could be construed as petty complaints. But it's my blog, so I can complain if I want.*
1. Why are HMOs so difficult to deal with? Remember the ankle injury from last summer? My HMO will cover indefinite amounts of physical therapy, but refuses to pay for the therapeutic orthotics for my shoes that will prevent me from getting into this situation in the first place. So I am paying for them with my FSA, and reaping the benefits of the 50% cash discount.
2. Why is it that I cannot remember to purchase everything I meant to at the grocery store, even when I make a list? Tonight I walked down the dairy aisle twice and still managed to forget cheese, despite the fact that I also bought butter and yogurt, which flank the cheese. Lame.
3. Did you know that glass candle jars will explode if you try to burn down all the wax? Which means I am now cleaning wax and glass shards off the top of my stove.
4. Why is it that people who are overly nice often come off as just plain annoying? I refer to it as being saccharine. And a couple of my colleagues epitomize this.
5. Does using Twitter make me self important? I think not. I believe it is career development and marketing research. And I love the creativity involved in making hashtags.
6. How do you know if you have too many shoes? I recently determined that having 13 pairs of shoes laying around my house, not including those in the closet, means that I have too many.
7. Why is it that the smallest things can give us the greatest pleasure? Today I discovered a huge bag of Swedish fish in the back of my pantry, and that made my day. Seriously.
8. My life is occasionally a series of very stupid things. Last week I accidentally yanked out my own nose stud. Which then bounced on the kitchen floor and under the refrigerator. So at 11pm I was moving the fridge, and when I saw what was under it-yuck-I had to boil the nose jewelry and then wait for it to cool.