Sunday, June 18, 2006

What lies ahead...

My time with this volunteer program is fast approaching an end. Everyday I feel like I am sliding faster and faster towards the last day. I have very mixed feelings about the end. On one hand, I am so excited to get a paycheck! Even just that small token can really keep up your positive attitude at work, and being able to save money makes me feel like I am planning for the future. I am also very excited to try something new. I have settled into a routine at work, at there are not really any opportunities for advancement.
However, on the other hand, I am not looking forward to the dissolution of our community and not always having the same people around. It is going to feel weird to not have seven roommates! I would enjoy having my monday and thursday nights back and being able to just come home from work and lay on the couch rather than having "intentional christian community" to work on. But the feeling is bittersweet. About half of us will still be here next year, and I am counting on that group for some continued sense of community.

No comments: